Friday, August 29, 2008

Nine Days Overdue!

Day nine.....hmph! And yes, we've tried it ALL! I saw my doctor again yesterday (and had another Non-Stress Test). He says I can be induced at 10 days overdue, but if you look at a calendar you'll see that 10 days over is a Saturday of a Long Weekend. So my induction is booked for Tuesday -- the day after LABOR day! So my August baby is turning into a September baby. I never would have guessed. But we're still crossing our fingers that baby will arrive before Tuesday (I won't hold my breath though).
Yesterday's Non-Stress Test:
41 Weeks Pregnant (9 Days Overdue):
Wednesday was our 4th Wedding Anniversary (Love You Tim!). I spent 6 hours of that day canning peaches at my sister-in-law's. My mom went into labour with me while canning and I was hoping it would be the same for me. Nope! Just left me with a sore back. We did go out for a super nice dinner that night to celebrate our Anniversary.
So on to Tuesday. At least there's a definite end in sight now.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Yummy peaches!

I'm sending Labor vibes!!!

Julie Allred said...

I just don't get this!! I was induced on Memorial Day, it shouldn't matter if it is a long weekend. I cannot believe that they are just letting you go this far over. Poor Ash! I hope this baby comes on its own tonight, cuz I want to come see it this weekend.

The Whiddens said...

Yeah seriously, since when do doctors NOT work on weeeknds??? I hope all goes well for you THIS WEEKEND (finges crossed)!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS...you poor poor thing. WOW we really would have had our babies at the same time! I can't wait until he/she arrives. Love what Carrie said, sending the labor vibes your way! Loves to you.

Megbt said...

WOW! I am in total shock that your doctor has NOT induced you yet!! Has your doctor tried "stipping your membranes" yet? I really hope that baby decides it's time soon!! Good luck... i'm hoping the next post has a picture of you holding your little one!