Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oh come on already!

They say it's not over till the fat lady sings and she's not singing yet. If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

So I've spent the last two days in the ER...again. Seriously I come up with something new every few weeks. I started with the kidney stone, then the wisdom teeth, then there was the head cold plus 3 infections while on vacation, let's not forget the morning sickness, then the loss of our baby with emotional and physical pain, and now this....

I woke during the night to notice that when I tried to roll over in bed pain shot through my leg. The pain was so intense that I couldn't move my leg on it's on. I had to pick it up with my hands and move my leg. At 7:30am I had to call Tim back home from work cuz I couldn't move my leg enough to get out of bed. So back to the ER we went. The doctor checked me out and right away ruled out a pulled muscle. He pretty much scratched his head cuz it also didn't sound like a blood clot. But to be on the safe side the doctor sent me for some blood tests to check for a clot and sent me for an ultrasound on my leg. In the ultrasound they found no problem with the artery in my leg but did notice a bunch of fluid on my joint. Ya my hip is all jacked up. Which totally made sense as to why I couldn't sit, move my leg side to side, or forward and back. I could only lay flat on my back or stand straight up (with Tim's help to get me there). The doctor phoned my at 6:30pm last night to tell me he's still not sure as to what would cause a 25 year old to have fluid on her joint. Then he called me again at 9:45pm and told me to come back into the ER the next morning so they can check on me and do more blood work. Well obviously because I can't sit that means I can't drive. And forget about moving my leg from the gas to the brake peddle. So I called my little sister out to spend the night with me and then take me to the ER cuz Tim had to go to work.

Well this morning I woke up and now my shoulder is sore too. Not nearly as bad as my leg though. Britnee took me to the ER where the doctors there still don't know what's causing this so they are testing me for everything under the sun. I was sent for blood work AGAIN. This makes the 5th time in 3 weeks that I've had my blood taken for tests. Good thing I'm okay with needles. However the blood work today was ridiculous. Usually I just had to fill a couple vials of blood...three at the very most. Not today though. I had to fill two bottles that look like these and were about 6" tall. By the second bottle I was only dripping into it. It took forever to fill. Then the lab tech had to fill 7 vials after that. Well after the two bottles and the second vial I was so light headed and I almost passed out. The tech had to stop. hehe (That part was actually the funny.) Once the dizziness went away the tech went back to my other arm (where I had the blood drawn from yesterday so it was already bruised) to fill the other vials. Needless to say I have giant bruises on both of my arms from the blood work.

Well I go back to the doctor on Monday as they'll have the results by then from all the tests. I'm pretty nervous though as I know they're checking me for some autoimmune diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus. Neither of which aren't horrible.

I'm overwhelmed, but trying to stay positive. I know the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle. And I guess this means He knows I can handle this. I'm exhausted though. Oh come on fat lady....please start singing already. Please!

**Ignore the typos and such as I'm not rereading this. I'm tired and going to bed instead.


Kim said...

Hang in there, I hope they can find the root of the problem quickly so you can feel better!

Beth said...

I read you occasionally (through skye's blog). I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you! I hope it all gets resolved soon! Take care!

Skye and Aaron said...

Good Heavens Ashlee!!! You've been through so much lately! I'm sending lots of feel good wishes your way! At least the Dr's are taking it seriously and working hard to find out what's wrong!!!! Feel better!!!

Kimmy said...

Holy cow eh!? Well hang in there buddy, we're all praying and rooting for ya!
Lots of love!

The Whidden Family said...

Oh my goodness Ashlee, you HAVE had bad luck lately! I hope the doctors figure things out soon cuz that is horrible. Feel better soon!

moosh in indy. said...

The Lord is teaching you how to handle keeping your composure in front of lots and lots of cutie doctors.
In a round about sort of way.