Thursday, July 03, 2008

I'm Just Swell!

Pregnancy & Swelling! Swelling & Pregnancy! For me, these two go hand-in-hand. And the summer heat isn't helping out with my swollen legs/feet/ankles. I'm trying to keep them iced and elevated. But then there is work. Sitting at a computer desk for 8 hrs a day...not so good. My doctor has put me on part-time work. But that was before this last weekend.

Saturday night my feet were SO SWOLLEN. It felt like my skin was going to burst. I could barely walk. Tim stayed up till after 1am (while I was sleeping) just icing my ankles. Then Sunday morning I went to get out of bed to get ready for church thinking the swelling had gone done. Oh no! Couldn't even put weight on my feet. Couldn't get myself to the bathroom. Nothing! They were terrible.

I took it easy for 4 days and then decided to try work again. I went in yesterday. Had my feet up the entire time I was there. Couldn't stand still, but walking was okay. But by last night I could hardly walk again and I was super dizzy. Tim had to help me up the stairs to our bedroom. So I'm at home again today.

I'm not sure what to do anymore. I've tried staying in bed or on the couch with my feet elevated and ice on them, but I got tired of reading, watching TV, playing card games on my cell, and playing the Wii.

I've tried cooling them in freezing glacier water in Waterton:Jun20-22.08_Waterton Camping (209)

Tim carried me out to the middle of this creek to cool them (knowing I couldn't get back out by myself):
Jun28.08_Cooling in Lee Creek (3)

Also tried cooling them in our chilly pool. Yes I'm fully clothed. My plan wasn't to get into the water. Tim and my aunt (who shared her hat with me) forced me in.
Copy of Jun29.08_Icing Swollen Ankles in Pool (2)

Guess I go back to see the doctor again....

5 comments:

Skye said...

So cute that Tim's helping you out so much! I hope they find something that helps soon!! Not too much longer!!!!

The Anderson Family said...

I love the picture of you in law chair in the middle of the creek! That is awesome! I'm sorry you are swelling so bad hopefully soon it will all be over and it well just go away!

The Whiddens said...

Oh my goodness Ashlee! I feel so bad for you! I really hope you find something that works soon - you've had too many things go wrong already. Just think - In 6 more weeks, it'll all be so worth it :)

Carrie said...

How's your BP? You have such a sweet hubby! I hope everything else is great for you! You are looking beautiful! Rest lots hun!

Unknown said...

O Lady...swelling is NEVER fun. Glad you are going to the doc...hope it is just nothing but normality. Hang in...that baby is almost here!