Thursday, September 04, 2008

Kinsey's Story

So I'm much more mobile today and thought I'd better take advantage of Daddy being at home to snuggle Kinsey while I told you all how it all happen. Brace yourself...this could be a long story.

At nine days overdue I was REALLY wanting to meet our baby. So after trying every old wives' tale in the book (and I mean them all) to bring on labour we decided to try a different route. Perhaps a little divine intervention should be our next try. Friday morning Tim and I went into Lethbridge to visit Trent, Tara, and Blake. There Tim and Trent administered to me. Then Tim and I came back home to just hang out. We watched a movie and then went for a super long walk as I was feeling really good -- still no pains at all. We went to bed that night and I was a little disappointed. I said to Tim that I wished that something, anything would happen soon. That was at 11:45 pm. I woke up 15 mins later with contractions. My contractions started at 4 minutes apart.

I phoned my Mom cuz I've been told by everyone that in early labour you're to stay at home and tough it out for a while. I told Mom how close my contractions were and she got Tim on the phone and told him get us heading towards Lethbridge. By the time we reached Lethbridge the contractions were 2 minutes apart (plus we had to stop on the side of the road for me to throw-up...nothing like doing that right to the very end of the pregnancy eh?). Trent, Tara, and Blake met us in the parking lot outside of the hospital and I was administered to again.

I was taken to the assessment room where I spent the last 9 days going for Non-Stress Tests and they hooked me up to the machine. I was supposed to be there for 20 mins to see if I was "really" in labour. Well after one contraction and throwing up some more the nurse checked me and I was 7cm dilated. I was moved to a delivery room and they called the on-call doctor as my doctor was camping for the long weekend (nice eh?). After only a handful or so of contractions in the delivery room, it was time to push. I remember opening my eyes and seeing the doctor and the nurse rushing to get ready for my baby that was coming super duper fast.

So 3 hours and 26 minutes after my very first contraction Kinsey Ann was born. Ten days overdue. And weighed 8lbs 8oz and was 21.5" long. She's perfect with ten little fingers and ten little toes. We were surprised with how much hair she had. We're so happy. It's amazing how fast you can love someone. Go check out the Photo Album link on the side of the blog titled "Kinsey Ann". We've posted a ton of pictures in there.

We were released from the hospital Monday afternoon. It was so nice to be at home with Kinsey. We're still working on getting in the groove of things, but we feel so blessed to have her as part of our little family. So very, very blessed!

Ashlee's Pics of Kinsey 204
Ashlee's Pics of Kinsey 266
Ashlee's Pics of Kinsey 396
Ashlee's Pics of Kinsey 451
Ashlee's Pics of Kinsey 455

5 comments:

Jen said...

She is beautiful! I am so glad you had a quick and smooth delivery. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Tim and Ashlee said...

Yes, it was very quick. But I'm not too sure about smooth. She came so fast that Mommy didn't fair so well. But I'll survive. I'm just so glad she's here.

Unknown said...

She is GORGEOUS. Are you okay? Sounds like it went so fast it may have been natural? Oh man...praying for you. She is delightful.

Skye said...

WOW! So it turns out the little thing was in a bit of a hurry to get here! I hope you're recovering well and getting lots of rest!

moosh in indy. said...

Sorry I'm so late! Way to make an entrance little girl! And I'm also pretty sure your mom will win some sort of award for fastest labor EVER.