Monday, February 25, 2008

Maybe they are listening...

I was in awe last Sunday. Remember this Primary lesson I taught and how I thought they got zippo out of the lesson. Well this Sunday I asked the question to the class, "What has Heavenly Father given you?" Right away a little boy in my class that is usually standing on his head or twisting on his chair sat up and said, "During the war in heaven he gave us a choice to follow Satan or Jesus and now we can make our own choices today. Oh ya, and he gave us our bodies." I couldn't believe it. He was listening to the lesson I gave a few weeks back when I thought NOTHING was sinking in. I was so pleased I almost cried right there in class. (I'm blaming that on the pregnancy hormones though.) The class is still a handful and they are so very busy. They keep me on my toes. But the joy I felt on Sunday when I saw how they ARE listening and learning is beyond words. I pray I can make a difference in their 6 year old lives because I'm so grateful for the Primary teachers I had growing up. Just like the saying goes, "Everything I know I learned in Primary."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it when all of our hard work pays off. They will remember you forever!