Friday, September 04, 2009

Camping at Pole Haven

After Kinsey's birthday bash Tim still had a few days before he needed to be back at work, so the three of us headed out camping. We went to Pole Haven and crossed our fingers that we wouldn't dump our quad over in the river like last time. But we had much better luck. Actually the three of us just took it easy and did some gentle sight-seeing quading around the area.

We had a great time relaxing. Well, except for the bear sighting...TWICE! Have I ever told you how completely freaked I am of bears? I won't camp in a tent because of bears. I'd lay away all night thinking I was hearing a bear outside our tent. And then that really did happen and that was the very last time I slept in a tent. Anywho, bears.....yikes! And yes we saw a bear twice while quading.

Here's a video of Kinsey telling us about the bear:
(To be honest I don't think she even saw the bear cuz I made Tim turn around so fast. hehe)



Kinsey loves camping, but nap times kinda get thrown off when we're out there. I swear every time she went for a walk or a quad ride with Tim she came back sleeping. Each one of these pics is from a different time:

And have I ever told you about Kinsey's best friend. It's Diesel. Those two love each other. Kinsey just can't get enough of him and is even starting to try and say his name. She calls him "Dies" - not bad eh? And even though most people can't tell our two black dogs apart, Kinsey can. She climbs on Diesel and rides him like a horsey and plays "peek-a-boo" with him, but she doesn't really have a whole lot to do with Dexter. Just her and Diesel! Here they are playing peek-a-boo (Kinsey's laugh is so dang cute.):



Kinsey & Mommy ready for quading:
Kinsey & Daddy at the top:
Kinsey was giving Daddy kisses through the window:

Our campsite:
It was right on the little creek and yes, Kinsey is sleeping in the backpack in this pic too:
Kinsey & Daddy:
We sure had fun. But I don't want it to be the last for the season. So we haven't put the trailer away yet!

3 comments:

The Anderson Family said...

Looks like you guys had fun. We havn't put are trailer away yet for the winter either. Actually we are planning on going down to Kalispell in October. Planning on doing some Christmas shopping. I love camping! Gotta love the bears! Kinsey is so cute... I love her playing peek a boo with the dog!

Kimberly Yuill said...

So fun!!! I love her bear story!

The Whiddens said...

I've never even heard of Pole Haven before - it looks like a great place to camp. Kinsey is a little DOLL, she's so sweet!

And I'm glad you like the pictures I take of your home. Every time we are near Jaffray it reminds me of you.